Four Denver Policemen were struck by a Mercedes on Wednesday as they were protecting protesting students from traffic who were yelling “F*CK THE POLICE!” to the police officers protecting them, as the students continued to break the law. Three of the officers are in okay or in stable condition, but the fourth, Officer John Adsit, is presently in continued surgery in critical condition. The ignorance of our uneducated students who are continually fed lies may have lead to the death of an innocent man who was only doing his job to protect the students as they broke the law by blocking traffic on major Denver highways. Here is one video from the students’ protest on Wednesday. *Explicit Language Advisory*
Nearly 1,000 students from East High School in Denver decided to stage a massive walk-out from the classroom in protest of the Ferguson, MO decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson for the death of Michael Brown. The students were protesting the police and stated that they are quite distraught that police officers are allowed to go around killing black people for no reason (in reference to the events in Ferguson). There were continued chants by the student protesters of “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot!” and “No Justice, No Peace, F*ck the Police!”
East High School in Denver was aware that the protest was going to happen before it took place, but did nothing to stop it. Many of the teachers stand in solidarity with the students, supporting them as they left school, and giving them excused absences. The students were protesting because they believe that Officer Wilson should have been found guilty for the death of Michael Brown.
Here is a lengthier video of the student protests:
When interviewed, one student stated:
“The police are supposed to protect us and they’re out there killing people.”
“I am here today to protest against the law, the police and any law out there because of the crime that they’ve been doing…how are they going to shoot an innocent man over nothing?”
However, the same student finished his statement by saying:
“I don’t know for sure that he was innocent but that’s why I’m out here protesting.”
And that statement right there demonstrates the exact problem. This student openly admitted that he didn’t know if Michael Brown was innocent or guilty; and yet he was out there protesting that an injustice had been done, claiming that an innocent man was shot for no reason, while his hands were up in surrender, as the false narrative continues to be pedaled.
There’s just a few problems… As the thousands of pages of evidence, autopsy reports, and witness testimony, including many black eyewitnesses who testified in favor of Officer Wilson over Michael Brown show, Michael Brown was not innocent. It is always a tragedy when someone’s life is lost, but the only actions that lead to his death were his own. All of the evidence shows that Officer Wilson’s testimony was accurate and as I stated in my last post about Ferguson that became the most viewed and shared post I’ve ever written, here are the facts:
– This is the video of Michael Brown strong-arm robbing the convenience store, who was currently staffed by a much smaller, older gentleman. Right from the get-go, Brown’s mother confirmed that it was her son in the video.
– Contrary to popular belief, Michael Brown WAS stopped by Officer Wilson because he matched the description of the store robbery minutes earlier, and was seen with the stolen merchandise in his hands. The audio from the police has been released proving this, so the myth that he was stopped and assaulted based off of racial profiling is false. He was stopped because he matched the description of a criminal, which he indeed was.
– Officer Wilson suffered a fractured orbital from his altercation with Michael Brown. This corroborated the officer’s story that Brown attacked him.
– Michael Brown’s blood and DNA were found on Officer Wilson’s gun, uniform, and vehicle. This, as well as the autopsies, also corroborate Officer Wilson’s account that Brown attacked Wilson and attempted to procure his firearm. Browns blood would not have been on the car and firearm unless he did actually attack Wilson while he was still in his vehicle. Next, the autopsies also showed that the first bullet that hit Brown happened while he was reaching for Wilson’s gun. This was the shot to the hand/arm.
– Autopsies have confirmed that contrary to social media myth and popular belief, Michael Brown was NOT shot in the back multiple times, and was in fact not shot in the back at all. The testimony of his friend Dorian Johnson that was with him was disproven at this point, and he could now face perjury charges for lying about the incident.
– Autopsies have also shown that Michael Brown’s hands were NOT up when he was shot either. The autopsy reports confirmed that the shots were consistent with someone who was lunging forward and/or charging/running towards the gun.
– Autopsies have shown that Michael Brown was very high on marijuana at the time of the incident. He had enough in his system that some experts argue he may have even had hallucinations, but that he more-likely had a heightened sense of paranoia and anxiety, which helps explain why he may have assaulted the police officer. “Marijuana does impair judgment and thinking,” according to Jonathan Caulkins of Carnegie-Mellon University. “Anything that clouds judgment or interferes with communication ability can promote misunderstanding, and misunderstanding can lead to bad resolutions of conflict situations.”
– Unlike the previous commenter stated, there WERE other people there that saw what happened. In fact, SEVEN-to-EIGHT of them, who were also black, testified to the Grand Jury and corroborated Officer Wilson’s account.
– Michael Brown proceeded to keep charging Officer Wilson, despite being shot multiple times. Police officers are trained to shoot until the target goes down. If Brown had simply stopped after getting shot the first several times, he would still be alive today.
This all really angers me. The myth is continued to be perpetuated that Michael Brown was murdered execution style with his hands up. This is entirely, demonstrably false. We have autopsy reports and eyewitnesses that have proven this. EVERYTHING, all of the protests from Ferguson to Denver, are predicated on an evidenced lie. But these Denver students are so uneducated and ignorant of the actual truth, that they felt the need to go out and break the law themselves in protest.
And yes, the students were breaking the law. Here is the Denver Protective Police Association’s statement in regards to the protests:
The Denver Police Protective Association recognizes all citizens’ rights to the First Amendment and the right to assemble lawfully. We do not recognize groups that continually ignore the law and expect the police to protect them while they break the law.
It is unlawful to walk down the middle of any roadway regardless of why you are there. These unlawful protests cost taxpayers countless amounts of money. More importantly, during these unlawful protests, a tremendous amount of police resources are used to monitor and protect the protesting group, leaving regular law abiding citizens with little or no police coverage. If a domestic violence situation occurs, there may be no officers to respond to assist a helpless victim. If a residential burglary occurs, again no police to respond. You understand our frustration, because we took an oath to help all law abiding citizens, which we do faithfully every day.
There is a lawful way to protest and the City administration needs to hold everyone to that standard.
It sickens me that an innocent police officer, who was forced to do provide protection for the students over a protest that should never have taken place because it was based on a proven lie, may now lose his life, or never be able to walk again.
It also sickens me that these four officers being hit by the car may not have been an accident. Contrary to early news reports that stated the driver of the vehicle may have suffered some sort of medical emergency such as a seizure, several eyewitnesses have contradicted the claim. They say the driver was honking his horn, cheering, and taking his hands off of his wheel to put his own hands up in the air, to show his solidarity with the student protesters. All of a sudden, the car accelerated rapidly into the police officers, where it ran over Officer Adsit and dragged him along the street for 75-100 feet. Witnesses say it appeared as if he accelerated and struck the officers on purpose.
It also sickens me that the teachers and school administrators of East High School in Denver allowed this to happen. Where is the concern for the student’s safety? They really didn’t care that 1,000 of their students were about to go break the law blocking traffic and putting people’s lives at risk? And where is the integrity and honesty? All of the evidence about what actually happened in Ferguson is out there to see. It states in black and white what actually happened. But instead of the teachers taking the initiative to make sure their students were actually aware of the real facts before leaving, they supported them silently and gave them excused absences.
No justice, no peace? Justice has been served in Ferguson. The only injustice done here was towards the innocent policeman.
Michael Brown’s hands were not up. If you continue to pedal this demonstrable lie, you are part of the problem.
If you continue to not correct people when you hear them continuing this demonstrable lie, you are also part of the problem.
People lied and continue to lie about what really happened in Ferguson, and now an innocent officer may die as a result.
“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.